EACTA aims to be an educational world leader in cardiac, thoracic and vascular anaesthesia and critical care in adults and children including echocardiography, cardiopulmonary bypass, heart and lung transplantation and mechanical support of the circulation.
The Chair of the Education Committee is a permanent member of the EACTA’s Board of Directors and who is responsible for the maintenance and development of the EACTA’s educational programme.
- EACTA plans to extend its established educational activities beyond the EACTA Annual Congresses and EACTA ECHO Courses.
- Developing programmes for continuing medical education (CME) is an especially important challenge for EACTA that has the promise of creating highly useful educational tools for all members.
The EACTA education programmes comprise of:
- Formal Training:
- EACTA Fellowship Programme in cardiac, thoracic and vascular anaesthesia and critical care. [click here]
- EACTA Exchange Training Programmes [click here] in:
- Continuous Medical Education (CME)
- EACTA Live Thoracic Anaesthesia Webinar: Recent Advances in Lung Isolation Techniques; 13 May 2019, 17:00 - 19:00 CET (CME accredited) [click here]
- EACTA Live Vascular Webinar: Routine Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Drainage for TEVAR Procedures; 23 January 2019, 17:00 - 19:00 CET. [click here]
- Webcasts: Currently, EACTA's eAcademy [members area] include the following webcasts:
- EACTA Trainee Course 2015, Gothenburg, EACTA lecture series covering the most essential domains of CTVA & CC for trainees - Webcasting of EACTA Trainee Course 2015 in Gothenburg
- EACTA Trainee Course 2014, Florence, EACTA lecture series covering the most essential domains of CTVA & IC for trainees - Webcasting of EACTA Trainee Course 2014 in Florence
- EACTA Annual Congress 2013, Barcelona, Sessions from the EACTA Annual Congress 2013 in Barcelona
- EACTA Annual Congress 2012, Amsterdam, Sessions from the EACTA Annual Congress 2012 in Amsterdam
EACTA Echo Courses
- Trans-esophageal Echocardiography (TEE) Certification Course - EACTA ECHO 2013, Montpellier Sessions from the EACTA ECHO Course 2013 in Montpellier
- Recordings / Streams
- EACTA Annual Congaree in Manchester, 2018 (Selected sessions)
- EACTA VAD Management Masterclass, Berlin 2017
- EACTA Advanced Echo Course, Valencia 2017
- Certification Course, Leipzig 2016.
- EACTA Annual Congress, Berlin, 2017, PowerPoint Presentation, Thoracic Panel
- EACTA Annual Congress, Basel, 2016, PowerPoint Presentation, Cardiopulmonary Bypass Panel
- EACTA YouTube Channel: Currently, EACTA offers free parts and full length of recording educational activities on the EACTA YouTube Channel [click here].
- Pediatric Cardiac Learning Center (funded by Cincinnati Children's, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 2003, Cincinnati, OH 45229, The United States). [click here]
- EACTA aims to increase the visibility of EACTA and develop its educational leadership in paediatric cardiac anaesthesia through a partnership with the PCLC since September 2017.
- EACTA is included as an exclusive partner with the Pediatric Cardiac Learning Centre (PCLC) for providing materials on paediatric cardiac anaesthesia.
- Thoracic Masterclass, Charleroi, Belgium (November 21-22, 2019) [coming soon].
- Train-the-Trainer Courses:
- EACTA offers the Train-the-Trainer Courses starting from the Annual Congress in Manchester 2018.
- TEE Exam with the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) [click here]
- Refreshing Courses [coming soon]
Responsibilities of the Education Committee
The Education Committee has the following responsibilities:
- Addressing training, accreditation and certification requirements
- Evaluating and endorsing the applications for accreditation and re-accreditation of the fellowship and exchange programmes.
- Developing continuing education opportunities, masterclasses, and refreshing courses in cardiac, thoracic and vascular anaesthesia and critical care, cardiopulmonary bypass, transplantation and mechanical assist devices.
- Conducting surveys of hosting centres and trainees for quality assurance.
- Developing the curriculums for cardiac, thoracic and vascular anaesthesia and critical care
- Surveying educational sponsorship offerings in the subspecialties of CTVA, intensive care, perfusion, transplant and assist devices.
- Identifying financial resources for clinical fellowship grants.
Educational Plans for 2018-2022
Partnership with Industry
“The Educational Committee has planned EACTA’s educational activities including e-learning modules, webinars, and masterclasses, for the upcoming years. We would like to share them with those parts of the industry that are interested in our medical subspecialties in the spirit of an “Alliance for Science”. The EACTA Board of Directors’ opinion is that such scientific educational activities will realise its vision of EACTA becoming the leading association in Europe for professionals working in cardiac, thoracic and vascular anaesthesia, critical care and perioperative medicine. In addition, these educational plans will support EACTA’s mission to ensure excellence in health care by providing high-quality education, promoting research and encouraging teamwork. As I said to you, one of our strategic thrusts comprise investment in learning and development: it is our opinion that this represents a great opportunity for a shared strategy between EACTA and you, where shared projects on new educational initiatives can bring us towards a strong mutually beneficial relationship with EACTA providing scientific competence and endorsement, and the industry supporting proposals/ideas related to your specific interest and field.
Look forward to your feedback on which of these proposals trigger your interest, and also to receiving proposals from your side.
We hope you will be willing to be our partner!!”
Fabio Guarracino, President of EACTA
November 30th, 2018