Routine CSF Drainage for TEVAR Procedures
EACTA Live Webinar: Routine CSF Drainage for TEVAR Procedures 23 January 2019, 17:00 - 19:00 CET
EACTA Educational Committee in collaboration with the Vascular Anaesthesia Committee
For programme details, please see here
Chaired by: Dr. Purifición Matute Jimenez, Spain, Chair of Vascular Anaesthesia Committee
We hope you haven't missed the opportunity to learn best practices live and direct from some of the most experts in the field of vascular anaesthesia and earn a certificate of attendance
THE TAKE-HOME MESSAGE
- CSF drainage during TEVAR procedures only stands on low evidence and small studies.
- Most centers differentiate between low-risk and high-risk patients for spinal cord injuries.
- Most clinicians use continuous CSF drainage in high-risk patients, despite the low evidence of this technique.
- Experts think it may be difficult to perform randomized controlled studies in such cases.
- Individual decisions should be tailored according to the patient clinical condition and the teamwork decision.
- CSF drainage catheter insertion, monitoring and management of the drain in the postoperative period need special experience and care.
Did you miss the webinar? Do not worry, you can watch parts of them for free on EACTA's Youtube or subscribe as a memeber [click here] to watch the full recordings
Vascular Webinar; 1 Contemporary spinal cord protection Kavita Khemlani
Vascular Webinar; 2 Routine CSF Drainage PRO Daniel Bolliger
Vascular Webinar; 3 Routine CSF Drainage CON Balthasar Eberle
Vascular Webinar; 4 Practical aspects of CSF Drainage in TEVAR Jan Schreiber