A sign of quality for your congress/symposium/meeting
EACTA would like to foster the quality of congresses, symposia and meetings in general in the field of cardiac, thoracic and vascular anaesthesia and intensive care as well as related topics by granting your meeting the EACTA endorsement.
These guidelines apply to all organisers of courses or scientific meetings who wish to use the label “Scientific endorsement by EACTA”
Any use of such a designation is subject to approval by the Scientific Committee of EACTA and must not be advertised or applied in any way before it is granted.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
- EACTA’s endorsement is a proof of quality and scientific value, thus a means of building trust among your (potential) participants
- reaching out for new target groups via EACTA’s calendar of events and via the EACTA’s newsletter
HOW DO I APPLY FOR EACTA ENDORSEMENT?
- Fill the EACTA event endorsement application form below at least 12 weeks prior to your event.
- Investigate the Information and regulation for EACTA endorsement (PDF below).
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
You will receive a confirmation from the EACTA Executive Office, as soon as your application has been received.
The EACTA Scientific Committee will evaluate your application.
You will receive an email from the EACTA Executive Office as soon as a decision on the endorsement has been taken, including the EACTA logo, the authorization to print the EACTA logo on your programme and the receipt for the processing fee, to be paid upon reception.
The event will be added in the EACTA website both in the calendar of the upcoming events and in the page specifically dedicated to the endorsed events.
Please be aware that the EACTA endorsement does not entitle you to solicit industry sponsorship in the name of the EACTA. You may use the EACTA logo only for printing purposes and to formally declare “this event is endorsed by EACTA”.
Your application will first be checked by the EACTA Subspecialty Committee Coordinator and the Scientific Committee.
Within 6 weeks after the receipt of the application, the EACTA Executive Office will notify the applicant about an intended approval of the endorsement by the Directory Board. When the research project is concluded you should send a synopsis of findings to the EACTA Subspecialty Committee Coordinator.
If a publication is planned, you must submit the manuscript and the acknowledgement of EACTA in due course prior to publication to the EACTA Subspecialty Committee Coordinator. You will receive formal approval of endorsement via email by the EACTA Executive Office after the submitted manuscript has been evaluated. EACTA reserves the right to withdraw from the endorsement in case of a negative evaluation. The EACTA Executive office will bring the results of the conducted research project to the attention of the community via newsletters, social media etc.
On the EACTA website, information on the endorsed research project and where the results have been published (web-URL) will be available.
The PROTHOR study is one of several studies that have been initiated and are performed by the PROVENET Investigators; the primary investigator is Mert Senturk from Istanbul, who is also a member of the Scientific Committee of the EACTA. The study is also endorsed by EACTA and the ESA and is the largest study in the setting of thoracic anesthesia up to now. The sample size for the whole study has been calculated and 2378 patients are required.
PROTHOR aims to investigate whether high PEEP and recruitment maneuvers are superior compared to a strategy with low PEEP without recruitment maneuvers during one lung anesthesia. For further detailed information, please have a look in the flyer as well as all official study documents that can be found on the study homepage.
Intravenous amino acid therapy for kidney protection in cardiac surgery: a multi-centre randomized blinded placebo controlled clinical trial – Jan 2019 – Feb 2023.
PERSUADE survey: perioperative anaesthesia and intensive care management of ventricular assist device implantation.
- 3rd International Perioperative TEE Symposium – Milan, Italy – Feb. 7-9, 2020
- C3 Meeting 2020 – Consensus – Controversies – Compromise – C3 in Cardiovascular medicine, Vienna, Austria – 16-18/02/2020
- XVI curso de ecografia en anestesia, urgencias y criticos, Barcelona, June 10-12, 2020
- Cardiac Anesthesia in Austria – Herzanästhesie Österreich – Vienna, June 12-13, 2020
- 5th International & 14th National IACTA-TEE workshop 2020, Bangalore, 27-28/08/2020
- Survey on Nitric Oxide
- Survey on ATIII substitution practice in pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- Vapor-C study
- 2nd International Perioperative TEE Symposium – Milan, Italy – Feb. 8-9, 2019
- 13th Serbian Congress of Anesthesiologists and Intensivists – Belgrade, Serbia – Nov. 22-25, 2018
- “Contemporary Standards in Cardiac Anesthesiology. From science to practice”, September 2019, Novosibirsk (Russia)
- Course of Basic Simulation on Transesophageal Echocardiography, November 2018, Girona
- 13th IACTA-TEE workshop/CME, August 2019, Bangalore
- PERSUADE (PERioperative anaeSthesia and intensive care management of ventricUlar Assist DevicE Implantation) survey
- International CPB Perfusion Practice Survey
- mRCT “renal protection in cardiac surgery” – research project
- “Role of fibrinogen and fibrinogen concentrate in cardiac surgery – a consensus statement of the subcommittee transfusion and hemostasis of EACTA“ – review on fibrinogen use in cardiac surgery
- Practical Course on Transesophageal Echocardiography, February 2019, Girona
- ICCVA-ASCA, June 2019, Seoul
- HAI, September 2019, Berlin
- 25th National Society of Thoracic-Cardiovascular Anesthesia and Intensive Care Congress, April 2019, Istanbul
- Thoracic Anaesthesia Consensus Agreement (TOSSCA) including a good clinical practice guide for the routine practice of thoracic anaesthesia