The EACTA Lecture Series of Perioperative Echocardiography
EACTA is proud to present this exciting educational project which consists of two interactive DVDs which can be played on the computer and projected onto a screen. This "digital textbook" contains 36 didactic lectures from leading perioperative echocardiography experts which were videotaped during the EACTA Echo Accreditation (DVD1) and Advanced Courses (DVD2). These more or less cover most of the perioperative TOE curriculum and will be of assistance when either preparing for the EACTA/EAE TOE Accreditation examination, or expanding existing knowledge on the topic. Each lecture (20-30 minutes) has the lecturer’s powerpoint presentation with moving images presented in real life. The user can scan forward and backward, pause and play, while listening to the lecturer explaining the finer detail of perioperative TOE.
Together with the recorded lectures on DVD, there are accompanying printed abstracts in pdf form that were submitted for the delegate handouts available at the time of the Accreditation and Advanced Courses.
An important section of the 2nd DVD is the unofficial "Mock Exam" where the user can test his/her knowledge with 30 minutes multiple choice questions relating to echocardiography theory, and 30 minutes image loops for reporting, complete with question sheet which can be printed off. There is an answer sheet to print out with model answers available. This is of equal importance to those who may either consider undertaking the accreditation examination or just want to test their own knowledge.
This educational DVD is endorsed by the European Association of Echocardiography.
- Basic physics of ultrasound and image optimisation - Joachim Erb, Berlin, Germany
- Comprehensive TOE examination - Jan Hultman, Uppsala, Sweden
- Döppler and its applications - Andy Roscoe - Manchester, UK
- Indications, contraindications, safety and complications of TOE - Rob Feneck, London, UK
- Left ventricle systolic function - Fabio Guarracino, Pisa, Italy
- Left ventricle diastolic function - Patrick Wouters, Gent, Belgium
- Right ventricle and the pulmonary circulation - Isabelle Michaux, Yvoir, Belgium
- Tricuspid and pulmonary valves - Petros Nihoyannopoulos, London, UK
- Aortic valve stenosis - David Duthie, Leeds, UK
- Aortic valve regurgitation - Justiaan Swanevelder, Leicester, UK
- Mitral valve: anatomy and TOE examination - Navros Masani, Cardiff, UK
- Mitral regurgitation, mechanisms and quantification - Dominique Bettex, Zurich, Switzerland
- Mitral stenosis - Kevin Fox, London, UK
- Ischaemic heart disease - Manfred Seeberger, Basel, Switzerland
- Assessment of prosthetic valves - Derek Chin, Leicester, UK
- Congenital heart disease, the value of intraoperative TOE - Gavin Wright, London, UK
- Endocarditis - Navros Masani, Cardiff, UK
- Cardiac masses, tumours and pericardial disease - Richard Keal, Leicester, UK
Purchase the DVD
- Evaluation of acute perioperative haemodynamic disturbance / right heart failure - Patrick Wouters, Gent, Belgium
- Is intraoperative Döppler tissue imaging a valuable addition to the anaesthetists' armamentarium? - Sean Bennett, Hull, UK
- Perioperative echo-guided pharmacological manipulation of diastolic dysfunction / acute right heart failure - Colin Royse, Melbourne, Australia
- 3Danalysis of ventricular function - ready for the operating theatre? - Jorg Ender, Leipzig, Germany
- The CABG patient with unknown aortic valve disease discovered in the operating theatre - what to do? - Effie Rouska, Athens, Greece
- High intraoperative pressure gradient after aortic valve replacement - what to do? - Justiaan Swanevelder, Leicester, UK
- Unexpected functional mitral regurgitation in an aortic stenosis patient for aortic valve replacement, when to act? - Fabio Guarracino, Pisa, Italy
- The role of emergency echocardiography in the ICU - Eric Sloth, Aarhus, Denmark
- Complications in acute myocardial infarction - Aleksandar Neskovic, Belgrade, Serbia
- Emergency ultrasound in emergency medicine - what else can we scan? - Jim Connolly, Newcastle, UK
- Point-of-care echocardiography - teaching and quality assurance - Colin Royse, Melbourne, Australia
- Complications after mitral valve replacement - Joachim Erb, Berlin, Germany
- Complications after mitral valve surgery - can we predict it, can we avoid it? - Henry Skinner, Nottingham, UK
- Quantifying tricuspid valve regurgitation under anaesthesia - Fabio Guarracino, Pisa, Italy
- Advanced mitral valve assessment for complex repair procedures - Justiaan Swanevelder, Leicester, UK
- Percutaneous mitral valve procedures - Sean Bennett, Hull, UK
- Percutaneous aortic valve implantation - Derek Chin, Leicester, UK
- Transapical aortic valve implantation - Jorg Ender, Leipzig, Germany
Price €100 per copy
Discounted price for one copy only:
Members of EACTA €50
Members of EAE €75
Subsequent copies €100 up to maximum of five.
To purchase the EACTA DVD, please click the link below. If you have any problems placing your order for the DVD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
» EACTA DVD