A two-days live educational masterclass based on two main parts:
the practical one (Day 1), to gain skills in:
- hands-on airway management, lung isolation/separation tools, and pain management interventions (e.g. thoracic epidural and paravertebral and truncal blockades)
- decision-making through simulation-based learning in cases of experiencing hypoxaemia, increased airway pressures and other ventilator-related problems during thoracic surgery and anaesthesia
- animal-lab based training on haemodynamic management in case of hypovolaemia, vasodilatation and hypervolaemia.
the theoretical one (Day 2), focused on:
- perioperative assessment, optimisation and care of thoracic surgery patients,
- a round-table open discussions on challenges in ventilation management during one-lung ventilation and thoracic surgery,
- anaesthetics, haemodynamic and fluid therapy for patients who undergo thoracic surgery,
- choices for pain management after thoracic surgery
- future of thoracic anaesthesia in terms of none-opioid-based anaesthesia, robotic thoracic surgery, non-intubated thoracic anaesthesia, tracheal surgery, education in thoracic anaesthesia and future EACTA Consensus on Good Clinical Practice in Thoracic Anaesthesia.
In case you need some assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The EACTA Thoracic Masterclass, Charleroi, Belgium, 21/11/2019-22/11/2019 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 12 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
ORGANIZING AND SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
Prof. Laszlo Szegedi
Department of Anesthesiology, CHU, Charleroi, Belgium
Chair of the Masterclass and Scientific Director
Prof. Mohamed El Tahan
Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine Department, College of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
EACTA Education Chair, Head of the Organizing Committee
Prof. Mert Senturk
Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Head of the Scientific Committee
The Masterclass has been realized thanks to an unrestricted grant by