Back to the bedside, benefiting the patient
It is a great pleasure to invite you all for the EACTA Echo Course 2019 on Perioperative Echocardiography in Gdańsk. The theme of the course for 2019 is: “Back to the bedside, benefitting the patient”.
The EACTA ECHO course will be held from June 22nd to June 25th, 2019 at the premises of the Medical University of Gdańsk, Poland. The aim of the annual ECHO Course is to educate anaesthesiologists, intensivists, emergency specialists, cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, with the use of ECHO in the perioperative setting as a valuable tool for diagnostics and patients’ outcome improvement.
The Scientific Programme will comprise a wide spectrum of topics, from the basic to the advanced and extensive skills and knowledge. It will be divided into four courses:
– The Basic Course will give a concise insight to transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography.
– The Advanced Course will focus on the use of the essence of echo examination for clinical decision-making.
– The Certification Course will prepare the candidates for the accreditation exam, which will be organised at the end of EACTA ECHO 2019 Course in the same venue.
During the Hands-on Course, the participants will get familiar with the most advanced echo imaging during training on models and simulators. Experts in the field will share tips, tricks and experience with the participants.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our beautiful city of Gdańsk.
Chair of the Local Organising Committee
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
- Romuald Lango, Department of Cardiac Anaesthesiology, Medical University of Gdańsk
- Olga Trojnarska Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Poznań
- Marcin Fijałkowski, Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Gdańsk
- Maciej M Kowalik, Department of Cardiac Anaesthesiology, Medical University of Gdańsk
- Rafał Pawlaczyk, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Medical University of Gdańsk
- Waldemar Goździk, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Medical University of Wrocław
- Anna Goździk, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Medical University of Wrocław
- Ludmiła Daniłowicz-Szymanowicz, Department of Cardiology and Electrotherapy, Medical University of Gdańsk
CHAIRMAN OF THE EACTA ECHO SUBCOMMITTEE
- Johan Bence, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, United Kingdom
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONGRESS MANAGEMENT WITHIN THE EACTA EXECUTIVE OFFICE:
AIM Italy Srl
Via Flaminia 1068
00189 Rome – Italy
Phone: +39 0633053.319
Fax: +39 0633053.630
THE FINAL PROGRAMME IS NOW AVAILABLE: CHECK IT HERE!
The EACTA Echo Course 2019, Gdansk, Poland, has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) for a maximum of the following European CME credits (ECMEC®s):
Basic Course, 22/06/2019-23/06/2019: 16 European CME credits (ECMEC®s)
Advanced Course, 22/06/2019-23/06/2019: 12 European CME credits (ECMEC®s)
Hands-On training, 24/06/2019: 6 European CME credits (ECMEC®s)
Certification Course, 24/06/2019-25/06/2019: 12 European CME credits (ECMEC®s)
Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.