EACTA is pleased to announce its inaugural course that is specifically for anaesthesiology trainees who are specializing, or considering specializing, in cardiothoracic and vascular anaesthesia and critical care CTVA&CC.
This course is the first in a rolling series that are designed to deliver the theoretical knowledge that underpins the practice CTVA&CC over two years.
- Pathophysiology and diagnosis of haemodynamic shock after heart surgery
- Pharmacological and mechanical treatment haemodynamic shock after heart surgery
- Perioperative blood management for heart surgery
- Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of coagulopathy
- Myocardial preservation during heart surgery
- Inhalational versus TIVA for cardiac anaesthesia
- Lung isolation and ventilation for thoracic surgery
- Postoperative care of the thoracic surgical patient
- Risk assessment for and outcome from cardiac surgery
- Human error and team working in the operating room and critical care